Friday, December 04, 2009

Trust in the Lord forever!

This is exactly how it should be right now. I find it more challenging when you are waiting for something that is about to happen. You know, when something is so near but you don’t know when exactly it will happen. I want to see, smell and touch it. But there is this clear glass separating me from what I am waiting for. I want to do something to make it happen faster. Nope. There is really nothing to do but wait. Seated in a corner watching and waiting for things to unfold. From time to time, I do check if it is about to open. Waiting like waiting for your child to be born. It’s the 9th month and you know he is about to come any day soon. You can’t force it though. But patiently wait it to happen.

Then things just become more difficult as negative thoughts start to stir up your emotions. Emotions that will also challenge your mental toughness. You start to verbalize with so many what ifs or what will happen if. Pressure comes in and will try to pull you down but again… pressure can lift you up as well. It would depend where you want to be.

How to combat such negative thoughts? By faith and trust in the Lord and a lot of positive thoughts. This way, you will not give in to any negativity. It is a discipline. You can get such attitude overnight. It takes years to be positive and years of testing as well. BUT trusting in God can happen in an instant. By His grace, it can be done. Positive thoughts need practice and time for you to know if you have it. But to trust in God, you just need to pray and pray and pray and surrender everyday. God will shield you away from the negativity or anything that will try to put you down. Surrender to God.

I am not saying that you will not experience hardship or pains if you are with God. You will. Jesus Himself experienced it. Though, He also showed His full trust. He showed us the way. By doing so, we are saved.

Last night, I just woke up and I noticed immediately that I was having a mild panic attack. I can’t sleep. I was having trouble breathing as if the room is so cluttered. I went out of the room and tried to read a magazine. I still can not sleep so I decided to confront what it was that kept me awake. Obviously, it was my impending last day in SMART. That would December 15, 2009. Dooms day it seemed to me. You know, I will be without work and I have given up so much in terms of security. Basic salary, bonuses, incentives, car, gas allowance, free parking, medical insurance etc., Then God gently reminded me that I wasn’t giving up something for nothing. I just needed to wait for Him and allow Him to finish His plans for us. He also let me see what had transpired for the past months. It was Him who gave us direction and we decided to do things according to His instructions so why should I be worried? It was Him who showed me the different miracles and blessings that had happened while waiting like the “suspected asthma of Polo” which ended like that a suspected diagnosis but it wasn’t. That miracle happened instantly. Also the successful operation of Josephine and the biopsy was negative for any cancer cells. He was there alright.

After recalling these events, I read the reading for today and in the gospel Jesus asked the two blind men, “Do you think I can do this?” as if He was asking me directly if I can trust Him with this plan. I said, “Of course, Lord. You can do it. Nothing is impossible with You. I believe.” Praise God. After that I was able to sleep even though I was already hearing airplanes arriving which meant that it was already past 4am.

Yes, Lord. I put my full trust in You alone. Amen.

No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting