Thursday, November 12, 2009

Latest Scoop in Marvinville Town

How many posts do I have as of now? I think seven. What?!! I blame fb for this since I never had time to visit my blog anymore. The thing is, I am not that comfortable just sharing my thought in there unlike here. Also, only a few knows I have this account.

Because of the flood, I had to throw my journals. :( Years of reflections were washed off. I can only sigh. I thought in the future I will still have the chance to see what I've written. They are permanently gone now. Maybe I do not need to see it anymore. I still have this blog though. Four years old.

---------------
Last year when me and my colleague were in Vienna, he asked me if I can see myself living in Europe. I said yes provided I am with my family. I love Europe. It has something that I can not easily explain. I've been to Europe two times already. I saw Belgium, France, Slovakia and then Vienna. It is formal which suits me. People seem not too friendly but that's only because not everybody you meet will say hello. But really, how can you label them as snobbish or something when you dont know the people or understand them at all. Anyway, I honestly am not that comfortable with people who are too friendly. :) That's why I love Europe. There is this personal space that people will respect. Also, Europe has been Europe for so long. I feel like all the things I want to learn are there and that's what excites me the most. Just one look at a building that has been standing there for so long already creates images in my mind. What has transpired there? How many people have gone through that place? Important events that happened in that building.

I remember preferring to walk going back to my hotel (not all throughout of course but maybe half of it). I didnt care. I like the feel of the cold air against my face. Being too small beside huge historical buildings. Walking along roads made of bricks. I like the smell of the surroundings. Old churches, castles and other monuments made me to stop and be at awe. I like it. When I was in America, I love it as well though I said I only like to spend a vacation but not to actually live there. Unlike in Europe. The first time I stepped and saw Belgium I felt it. I would loved to have a chance to live in Europe. Then to be in Paris and then Vienna just strengthen that longing. I am in love.

We can go to US if we want to since Josephine is an American so there is that big possibility. The thing is, I can not see myself (before and right now but who knows maybe in the future) living in US. But in Europe there is this feeling of just wanting to be there forever. :)

So that last year when my friend asked me if I can live in Europe, it was easy for me to say yes. The only consideration I had is that I would there with my family. That's it.

Fast forward. November 12, 2009. Wow! I am now just waiting for my work permit and my family and I will be moving to Luxembourg. It is near. It is within our grasp. Months ago when I learned that I got accepted, I naturally got excited. Who wouldn't?! Though, I also knew that it would still take several months to process everything so I had to control my excitement since I hate that strong feeling of wanting something but can't get it yet. As I have said, now it is a grasp away. Wow. It is so near and I am starting to get excited. Yes, I love to go there now. Yes, I can't wait. Whew! It can happen next month or maybe in January. All I care about is that our move is closer thant it was in July.

I am so happy and I am aware that there will be hardships, adjustments, maybe confusions and what have you. I have God though. :) So may family and I are confident that we will be ok. It is because God is on our side. I am not afraid because God will go with us. Very exciting indeed. Amen!

No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting