Monday, October 17, 2005

About Power

Friday night
9:00pm :We went home to Marikina for our laundry
I was surprised that my brother and sister were out that late. Usually, both of them are home sleeping. It was a tempory proble. My cousin let us in.

11:00pm : Attended birthday party of Josephine's officemate.
I can't remember the last time I went to a bar here in Manila. Maybe, it's really because of age as I am not really open to going to bars anymore. Though, we still managed to have fun. We left at 1:30am

Saturday
10:00 am: Watched Little Mermaid
3:30 pm: Played badminton with friends while Josephine spent her entire afternoon in MegaMall to shop.
8:00 pm Went to Marikina to get our clothes

Sunday
11:00 am : Sunday Mass
12:00 noon : Mom's bday celebration
4:00pm : Che's wedding
9:00pm Finally, our weekend rest....: )
-------------------------------------------

God made sure that I had a full schedule last weekend. He distracted me the whole time and made sure that what I was feeling last Friday will be flushed out of my system. He was like a doctor prescribing medicine to heal me. Actually, it was more of a precautionary tactic.

At the end, I was assured of God's love for me. That's all that matter to me. He made me realize what it meant to be attached to anything and how it could take over my being. Attachment in three earthly things...Power,wealth and fame. God did show to me how dangerous it would be if I rely on any of this. I felt it. Maybe it was like how Frodo felt (and all the middle earth being) about the ring that rules all. When it grabs you, it will control you and lead you to dark places where you never want your self to be. I am not saying here that we should avoid power at all costs. We all need to be aware of the responsibilities and be mindful to what it can do. Power is like a wild horse that need to be tamed. Otherwise, it could really consume you and it might be too late to handle it.

To keep you grounded, we simply have to pray and ask for guidance and be humble at all times. Whenever we feel the controlling effect of power, we must learn how to bow down on our knees to acknowledge how helpless we are. God is all powerful and we must all base our strength from Him alone.

1 comment:

Francine Biere said...

Hi Marv. You left such a nice comment that I thought I'd visit your blog. I have to admit, I don't know much about Manila.

I enjoyed your recent post ... and in the previous post I especially liked this statement: "They made their own canvass out of their imagination and painted my future." What a poetic way to describe other's negative words.

I can see you are devoted to God and His guidance. When we get to the point where we can obediently follow Him, He turns around and blesses us abundantly.

Blessings, Francine

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting