Thursday, May 25, 2006

When Death Surrounds Me

Another old fella died. Just last week a friend's dad passed away unexpectedly. I think almost every month I hear of someone (who is directly or indirectly) connected to us dies. Paranoia would sometimes sips in to me. Deaths every where. I get nervous whenever I think of my family and friends. But should I be so affected by people leaving this world? This is all but normal. Everyday people die. But for every death comes birth. Just look at the figures of the world's population.

I'm just a little bit uncomfortable of the fact that I know these people who died recently. So be it. I guess I'm old and every year new friends come into my life and the possibility that someone I know dies will proportionally increase as well. That's it. That's the explanation a logical one, that I can offer.

When a person dies, I think the most we can do is to pray for his/her soul that God will welcome Him in the gates of Heaven. We should comfort more the ones who were left behind and allow them to grief. Because it is really a great loss. Imagine, after so many years of being with the person then one day he/she is gone forever. Whoa.. I myself wouldn't now how to handle my emotion. I know that I dont handle goodbyes easily. It stings me to say good bye to someone what more it if it is forever.

I thank God that I have a God. He replaces the empty places in my heart. I know this, when my youngest sister migrated to US. I was overwhelmed by emotions and made me cry for several nights. I offered to God what I was feeling and just allowed Him to fill my heart. The longingness/loneliness I have, I let Him fill it. Thank God thank God really. I wouldn't know what I would have done if He wasn't present in my life.

I know that when we reach the end of the rope then it is time to depart this world. It is not us who decide nor someone else. It just happen. Mystery of the world that those who are left behind will not be able to comprehend and piece together this puzzle. By the time maybe that we've formed the puzzle coincides with the time when we need to go.

There is God. He is here and beyond this world.

2 comments:

tin-tin said...

nag-migrate na pala si chichi? don't worry kuya marvin, matagal ko pang guguluhin buhay nyo. hehe :)

Marvs said...

ano ka ba..hindi si chi chi yun.. nandito pa yan.. si mariel na youngest namin ang nag migrate..:P

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting