Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Jesus,my light

Last summer, we were in Palawan and had an awesome experience when we went to St Paul Mountain. Here lies the longest underground river of 'tem ol! At first, it meant nothing to me because I don't like to be inside a cave. I felt trapped and helpless and then my mind started creating its own worst scenarios. Presence of crocodiles, snakes, our little boat might sink and the current will pull us beneath the river (around 70meters deep), or an earthquake and we would be buried..aaaargh..

Well, I just found myself wearing a helmet and a lifevest. There were about 8 of us in a small boat.I hid my fears with my jokes which also made the others comfortable as we entered the cave. The opening of a cave is nothing to marvel at nor the stalactites/stalagmites that greeted. I've been to a cave before. But as we grow deeper my impression of this great cave changed. I was covered with awe. Look at this place! Bigger and wider that the Manila Cathedral. We've been sailing for almost an hour and yet we can't see the end of this river. Then we had to turn back. We were not allowed anymore to go beyond a certain pointunless we a have permit to do so.

Anyway, what can I say.

There was a time when we turned off the light for a while. Just to see how it was like. It was total darkness. No matter how hard my eyes tried to adjust to the darkness, I didn't see anything. It was pure black. Then the light was on again.

Hmmm... imagine, all the images I kept in me about this cave were from the light we were holding. I mean from the entrance until the end, if not for the light I would not be able to comment on anything. It would just be blank and maybe my imagination will create one for me.
-----------------------
God had been my light for many years. I think I surrendered myself when I was in second year college. If I look back (even beyond this), I can now see God's hand at work. I give God all the credits that I got. I can not say now that I was able to overcome the difficult challenges I experienced so far if not for Him. I met Josephine and married her because of Jesus. My realationship with my family changed for the better because of Him, I graduated from college because Him again, I am in BLD, here in SMART because of Jesus. And so many many many more. Jesus healed my memories and He is not done yet.

He was and is my light until now. I am sometimes (though I find myself worrying too much already) bothered by our future. Jesus never fails to assure me. I can't see what's ahead of us. All I know is that will lead us to a the future where we ought to be. A place of love and peace. He is there, I just have to follow the light He brings to me. One day, I will be there.

1 comment:

tin-tin said...

sobrang love ka kaya ni God. pero di ko na nakuha yung pasalubong na dried mangoes from cebu. hahaha ;p

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting