Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm Thirty-Three years old

I just celebrated my birthday last Saturday. I was sick. But I was happy for my birthday, so many people greeteed me even those whom I haven't seen in ages. They remembered. It was just a simple celebration. The simplest I had in years but it was very special for me. I spent it with the most important person the world. My beautiful, lovely and pregnant wife.

We first attended the first birthday party of our friend's daughter. We were not there during the birth nor during the baptism so we knew we had to attend. Anyway, one thing for sure. We are all on our way to "getting old" already. Wow!! This is our crowd already. Married friends with kid/s. A different world has come and we even have to let go for a while of some memories because we are busy making new ones. : ). The place was too cold though and I think it aggrevated my fever.

We stayed for awhile with my sister in law and then we went to Sanctuario to attend what became: my birrthday mass, anticipated Sunday mass and Josephine's birthday mass. My wife prepared something for me. Just the thought, the she prepared something for my birthday made me love her more. I really felt special. I wasn't really in the mood to be with other people so I was very happy to have dinner with her and even though we just had enough money for the evening, praise God we still have money. : ).

So, Josephine bought tickets and we watched a play about relationship. It was funny and I think has good message. I laughed not so much because of the play but the thought that my wife was laughing whenever the characters sing their lines. I sometimes do that. hahahahahaha. Unfortunately, I can't stand it anymore and I requested that we go home.

We did. It was my father in law's birthday too and my thoughtfull Josephine bought a cake. There we were, celebrating a simple birthday. I am happy. Yesterday was Josephine's birthday. I wasn't able to join her to celebrate it with our relatives (actually, it was for all the July's celebrants). I stayed and home and rested. But it wasn't enough because I am still sick.


Thirty three years old. Some say that Jesus started His ministry when He turned 33. Late bloomer but He did it excellently. Right? The bible is the most printed book and I guess Jesus' life is the most read story of all time too. Jesus was ready at 33 and how He did it changed our lives forever.

Hmmmmm.... What about me? Well, I received one of the greatest gifts in my life at 33. I will be a daddy just maybe 6 or 5 months from now. May I be able to the daddy and husband that I am ought to be. : ) Sometimes I am worried but it's always Jesus who assures me that it will be ok. He will still be there for us.

......................got to go. : )

2 comments:

tin-tin said...

happy birthday to you, to ate jopay, to tito dante and to your brother!

tanda mo na pala! hehehe. hope i can see you this week. i have something to give you guys. and you owe me a bday treat :)

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... T-mobile blackberry Canon s2 is digital camera

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting