Monday, September 24, 2007

Here I am

I've been busy for so many weeks and I really never had time to update my blog. I denied myself of some rantings that could have spared me from some stressful situations. I wasn't able to freely express myself and be relieved with tensions that have slowly occupied my brain and heart. A month and half! That's long. I really hope I can meet my goal to end this year with at least 100 posts.

Ok. What's up with my dear life?

1. I'm not yet (officially) promoted to the next level of my career. Too long and I'm still waiting. Too stressful and it is beyond my control. Well, too happy and I will wait for the right time to come. I am a patient person. I know that. Sometimes, I get frustrated and disappointed because nothing seems to be happening. As I mentioned, for me it is important not only for its corresponding compensation and perks but it is a milestone and at the same time an appreciation of what I have been contributing to this company. I've been acting and handling this position for more than a year. People treat me as one and I have the confidence to act like one but at the end of the day there is a huge discrepancy. I'm still not one. My prayer "Oh Lord, you can move this mountain and I know You will. As I wait, may I not lose focus on You and Your promises for me and my family. May I still continue to praise you in everything. Amen."

2. Polo is now 7 months old and he did surprised us with his milestones. He can crawl and I am so happy to see him being able to reach and get toys far from him. Less frustration on his part. Then yesterday, he wowed us all! He was able to sit upright without any assistance. I think Polo even surprised himself. I saw his face when I let him sit facing me. No one was touching him and he was worried. Slowly, he learned to trust himself and there he was smiling at us and happy that he can sit. When got tired, he just fell down on his pillow contented and smiling. Polo, you earned 10 stars! (Highest). Two milestones in a span of two days.

3. I went to India. Ok. I apologise. I really tried to enjoy New Delhi. But maybe I can't. I think To appreciate India, you have to stay there for 3 months. Not to work but to explore this magical country. I only was able to grasp limited experience in my 3 days stay. Most of the time inside the sanctuary of the hotel. There was a conference that I had to attend. I guess my initial reaction was normal. I have seen other countries and I can not help but compare it. Oh, Philippines is much better for me but India has a rich historical/cultural background that attracted me to listen to an Indian. Awestruck. But I was not happy with my experience. First, the airport nightmare. I had a bad stomach for about a day after a night of tasting India's food. Then, exhaustion caught up with me that I had a hard time talking to people in a dinner event (Nope. I was able to eat anything). The following day, I was able to join a mini tour of New Delhi. I liked the Qutab Minar. Interesting history. I also wanted to spend several mintues in Indian Gate unfortunately, we can only take picture from the bus and from a far same with the Lotus temple but it is a modern structure. It didn't create any spark of interest to me. The others like the government houses which the tour bus just passed by were not at all amazing or amusing. Then we went to a "Kamish(?)" carpet store. At first the story of how the carpets are created would somehow lead you to sit and listen but after a while, I realized it was just a sales talk. We spent around 30minutes in that place. I can not and will not buy a USD15,000 carpet. I don't even have USD100 at that time. Forget it. So if we removed the government houses, temple and that carpet store tour, we could have probably visited other sites with greater significance.

Too bad. I had to leave that same day. I took a bath then went to the straight to the airport and waited for two hours to board. Then I waived goodbye to India. Who knows I will have another chance to visit and embrace this unique country.

I will share the pictures in other posts.

3. I spent five hours in Changi Airport (Singapore). I wanted to relax and you know this airport for me is so clean and efficient that it helped me to unwind. I also met up with my good friend Gericel and just updated ourselves with what's happening with us. Great to see her. Even though, it is still two hours to go, I had to say goodbye to Ge. Because I still have to buy pasalubong especially for my little boy.

I guess that's about it for today. Got to continue my acting here. :)

1 comment:

tin-tin said...

sana sinama mo na lang siya magshopping. hehehe.

at sana po maging official na promotion mo :)

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting