Friday, April 20, 2007

Rest. What rest? But I'm not complaining!











When I was still single, I would allot at least one Sunday per month for myself. Either, I would lock myself in my room just to sleep the whole day only to go out to eat and to attend mass. What a luxury that was! Sometimes, I would wake up early and go to Makati. Have my breakfast at starbucks, read books or write something, attend mass, just completeley unmindful of everything or anything around me. It was like, Greenbelt or Glorieta was my own house. If there was a good movie, for sure I would watch and I dont mind doing it all by myself. I would then go home feeling recharged!








I got married. Being with Josephine during our first year of marriage was for me like being with myself. We lived away from our families so we really had chances of spending time with each other. I loved it and I terribly missed it now. I dont mind seeing Josephine and having conversationg with her all day. It was as we've shared all but natural. I didn't miss my time for myself because for me it was still like spending time for myself.








When we moved to live with my in-laws more than a year ago, I honestly and I think it was expected, had to adjust. Before getting married, I was already separated from my family then now I have to be with a family again. God calls. We just responded. Today, we had to schedule soemthing grand like our "get aways" to make sure that we still spend time together. Tough. I'm waiting now for God's instructions on where He wants us to go.








Anyway, now we have Polo in our lives. Totally changed our lives. First the pregnancy and then our new born baby. When he is awake, we give him our full attention and as much as possible we do not want to hear his cry though at times I let him cry. If Polo is sleeping, it is supposed to be a time for us to rest as relax as well but we just find ourself fixing things and still Polo's stuff. Yes, we get tired like this week for me for example. Work is stressful this week. I get home at 9pm or even later since Monday. Meetings.








Seeing Polo even if I'm dead tired is a rest in itself. I welcome him even in my tiring days or stressful week. Somehow, he gives energies to us especially if he shows his smiles or if he trying to mutter a word as if he is teeling me something. Even if I feel weak, my body would find enough strength to carry him around. Polo would just look around and as if I could read his mind, I know he is comfortable and that thought relaxes me.








So, the meaning of rest for us has changed. Just to be with my family Josephine and Polo whether we are moving or lying on our bed... everything is considered a rest already.
















No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting