Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Principle of Success by Jack Canfield

Last night, I came to a chapter where there is an exercise. Nothing new. The instruction is to write at least 30 things that I want in my life to happen. Career. Finances. Properties. Investments. Relationships. Hobbies. That was easy. Mentally, I imagined how much (at this point of time) salary will make me comfortable or would satisfy me. I imagined that for me, leaving in a clean, modern 3-bedroom condo is something I hope to achieve. Spacious, with Balcony and it should be here in Makati. The best part of it, is that I dont need to pay for it and that while we are staying there we are at the same time already planning for our real home. My eyes were closed and I can smell the fresh scent of our condo, the wide LCD screen TV. Wow. Then, I saw three cars and all of them are Honda's. I went on with my imagination.

While going through the exercises, I felt good at first then it was like I reached a certain peak which made me to slow down. Just like in driving, I drive as fast as 130kph. That is the fastest speed I am comfortable with. Beyond that would make me nervous because maybe I am not sure if my car will be able to handle the speed and I too would be able to react appropriately if there is danger. Anyway. I slowed down and got nervous and it was like the bubbles are starting to burst. Came the thought that maybe I am wanting too much and it is something impossible. Not in this lifetime. Not when the tools I have are not enough to help me dig my treasures.

I started feeling bad so I stopped. I opened my eyes and read more of this book. Lo and behold, there was another instruction which I failed to read. "Do not limit yourself, your list." Just allow yourself to imagine what it is that you really like without "ifs" "but" "only" etc.,

I've been through this exercise before and I am aware that I can freely dream of what I want and yet I always end up maybe bursting my own bubbles. See. There is a transformation to me now and it is due to happen. It will happen this month and the coming months.

Bo's teachings last night also caught my interest. It was about addiction and how come we keep on being addicted into whatever it is. Be it substance, eating, sex, smoking, working too much and other addictions. The bottom line of all this addictions is that there is something that we want to be loved. If you dont know how it feels, you will search for it and turn on to something to substitute that feeling. SIMPLY, BO AFFIRMED THAT GOD LOVES US. It is new every morning. It hit me. Yeah, I can not ignore it because even though I know that God loves me, it was different last night. It was an affirmation, a commitment from God. Only He can fill up what we are endlessly searching for. He is the only one who can make us complete.

Going back to Jack, with this renewed spirit and a guidance from this good book, I know I will be ok. I will go back to my Vision of what a good life means to me. I will not be angry. I will not feel hopeless. I will no longer feel like a victim. Just like in the first reading today. God instructed Moses to rescue His people and Moses really felt inadequate. God said, "Do not be afraid. I will be with You". That for me is pure love.

I excited to make my list.

1 comment:

tin-tin said...

eversince i have envisioned my house. kelan lang kaya yun matutupad? hehehe :)

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting