Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Something about us

My cousin is here in the Philippines and I became her fulltime driver yesterday. I actually volunteered. You know after our HK experience with the Di Cicco's, Josephine and I would like to be like them. A good host. There you go. Not much opportunities to do it so I grab this one.

I've learned something about the history of my family, Agustin. Ate Imelda is the eldest of all the cousins (for her on both sides). Some parts of the story, I am already familiar with then she just supplied some details. Before the Japanese occupation, The Agustin Family was thriving very well in Apari. They were known and rich people until the Japanese came. The Japs took all my great granfather's properties and sadly they beheaded him. Then came the Americans whose strategy before is still like what they are doing now. Bomb.bomb.bomb and more bombs! I think that leveled all the properties of the Agustins to the ground.

My Grandfather, Paol0 (whom Polo was named after) was a Captain of a ship. Then The Agustin moved to Pasay where my father grew up but a tragedy struck again. There was a big fire that burned down the house. The Agustin then moved to Marikina where I grew up.

Right now, only me and my elder brother carrythe Agustin surname (from the lineage of Capt Paolo). Just the two of us! Wow! and so this means that Polo is actually the only young Agustin around. Not until Kuya fathers a son or Josephine and I are ready to have another little Polo.

Ate Imelda surprised me with her principles and vision for the whole family. She wants us to be successful and not end up to be ordinary people. She wants to bring back the glory days of the Agustins! Ok, Polo go go go go.. we will support you! hahahahahaahaha. :) Pressure. Me, I really want to be successful but not to the point that I will sacrifice my relationship with my family. Hindi na uso yun. Mas challenging yung to be rich and at the same the family is intact and close to each other.

No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting