Friday, September 16, 2005

A tribute

I saw you again
A face that's not quite unique
Shared by hundreds around
But rarely noticed by people

Every night you knock on my car windows
I can feel the coldness of the night
And here you are With clothes barely providing you with warmth
With no sandals to protect your little feet
It is even raining

Sometimes I can see you
Seated on the gutter with your tiny hands covering a tired face
While I am about to go home and I am 32
You are out there braving a rainy night
You are just 5 or 6

You are not yet fully aware why you should be like that
When the other children are resting at this hour
You only follow the adults around you
No choice. No choice. No choice.

I want to do more
I can't give anymore
Restore your right as a child
But I remain helpless because of poverty that afflict us all

I can say a little prayer
That God will grant me a more generous heart
A small act of goodness
A tiny hope for my tiny friend

Lord, let it grow as you would want it to
You opened my eyes to this small world
I ask that you may open my heart as well
In all things may it just be love...........

No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting