Tuesday, November 15, 2005

2006, here we come!!!

With just a little two months to go, we will enter a new era. A beginning of something. That's for me who sees a beautiful future for all of us. God is with us. Yesterday, He was there alright with all the testimonies I've heard from so many renewed people and from my own simple persocal experience with Jesus. He is here right now. Otherwise, we wouldn't feel comfortable with the decisions we've made. Be it a major one or just plainly cute decisions. I feel at peace knowing that God helped me arrived to these decisions. He will be in our future. This is my faith. This is what I believe in. This is my hope. So, mix it up put some prayers and love and then there you go. A beautiful wonderful future with God.

His plans will never fail. I remember how I struggle in my career. Where I am now is not the product of how I worked, my so-so academics, how I relate to people or boss. All this I can attribute to God alone. I was a banker for my first six month as a tax contributor then I came back to La Salle and entered the world of academic community. Nope, I didn't teach but was involved more in the formation of student leaders. I admit I wasn't that mature yet as I crawled on my feet during those times. I had so many personal issues. My family was the heaviest then my ex-gf, finances, career and just when everything was clouded, I wasn't able to renew my contract.... Tough luck. I knew that God was telling me something and before I can hear Him clearly, He wanted me to sort some things in my life. Whew, I survived! After my DLSU stint I was without a job for eight long months. Really, God clipped my wings and grounded me. Then I became an insurance agent then account manager of a radio station. I was moving so fast from one job to another that other people started noticing it. I was scared of my future as people older than me gave me a bleak picture. They made their own canvass out of their imagination and painted my future. I don't blame them they can't understand what I was doing then.

I will share to you a secret. I really didn't know. BUT I never dared to change job without prayers. God guided me and He was the one who lead me to these jobs whether I liked it or not. I'm telling you because of these jobs I had I was able to meet good people along the way. These are my angels!Anates became my client in Ayala Gen who pirated me. Then I met Homer (he was also the one who told me that SMART will be my bread and butter) in RJ who lead me to I-Quest where I met my now Ninang Tina and Michael Di Cicco. Was it my decision to pursue an advertising job? Nope. I was traumatized! But as I have said I met good people who looked after me. Treating me as their own and not as an officemate (Bing, June, Victoria..etc).

In I-Quest I was entrusted with big responsibilities and helped me gain my lost confidence. I moved there not without a prayer. So I followed God without knowing anything about the internet. My life then started to change. I felt at home and received the guidance I've been looking for. Tina, Dana, Bolo,Rica and my friends created a learning, peaceful environment to me. Eventually, my experience here became a key for me to be accepted in SMART.

I love my job. I know I can do more. In spite of the things that had happened, I continue loving it. My boundaries have opened wide. Literally. The Agustins are really travelling people and created to roam the world. If I go back to my lolo's, cousins, aunties, uncles and my father, they all travelled.

God is not even finish yet. I am looking forward to new tomorrow. Why? God is still there!

1 comment:

tin-tin said...

yup, God is here. He is also with me. later kasama mo sya, kuya marvin. hehe. naremember ko lang yung nagbantay tyo ng vigil room coz nasa mass silang lahat. anyway, super nakaka-inspire tlga entries mo. especially this one. coz now, am the person who is really job-hopping. am still in the same company, pero khet nga ikaw aya mo ako dito diba? hehe. i'm praying that God would lead me to the work where i'll find fulfillment. nakakasawa rin ang palipat-lipat, diba? and sana lang i'll heed to His leading. :)

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting