Monday, August 08, 2005

Prayer Meeting - Flow

SINGLES PRAYER MEETING
August 8, 2005

Matthew 14:22-33 (Sunday)
Jesus Walks on the Water
22Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, 24but the boat was already a considerable distance[a] from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.
25During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.
27But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
28"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."
29"Come," he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"
31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"
32And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."



I. Teach two songs
a. Yahweh
b. God of all Creation

II. Introduction

27But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Matthew 14:27
Last week, I felt really pressured and the reasons angered me so much. At first, I kept myself busy and I had no problem doing so since I had many things on my hand. I thought, it would be good for a day's work but I finished everything at lunch time. I had no other choice but to confront what was bothering me. It wasn't easy because our concerns/issues weren't about me and Josephine but with our loved ones (their problems, their expectations and everything else, someone said, welcome to married life). I panicked. I was confused and there was no peace at all. I knew I had to face it but how should I react? What should I say or should I say anything at all? Whom should I consult with? How are we going to handle this? Should I just remain silent and hope it would just go away?

With this chaos in my mind, I entered the Blessed Sacrament. Sure enough, I rant and rant and told God everything. Then God cut me off. He asked me to calm down. That was the only time I acknowledged God's presence. God silenced my heart and mind. Then I shared to Him my heart's ache in a more gentle way. My closing prayer was, "God, I just can't see the end of this problem though I know it is something temporary. I don’t want to decide or to say anything that would compromise our relationship with our loved ones. But Lord, all I have now is fear, confusion and resentment. Show me Father, a glimpse of your plan for us. Show me even just a small fraction of this plan to help me move on."

During the prayer meeting, He welcomed me right away with pure love and concern. Remember, the first song? River of life. Not just a glimpse but He showed me something bigger. He told me, at the end Marvin, You will see only Greatness and how much I love you. Do not be afraid anymore because I am with you now and in your future.

God blessed me so much that night and I went home with peace reigning in my heart.


II. Opening Prayer

For tonight, I pray and claim that God will bless all of us and our families once again. That His blessing will overflow. Let’s all acknowledge God’s presence. In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…

(Matthew 6:25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?)

Lord Jesus, Lover of my soul, Prince of Peace, Maker of the Universe, King of kings
Ruler of all, my ALPHA and OMEGA. We are here tonight carrying with us so many things. We are tired and worried. Weary and restless. Bothered by what others tell us, rejected by people, feeling indifferent, worried about tomorrow’s uncertainty, sad, depressed angry… Some of us on the other hand maybe here to thank you for the blessings received. Others might be overwhelmed with recent accomplishment, with good health…. With so many things.

(Intro of song)
Lord, we have various reasons for coming here tonight and we give them all to you and we pray that tonight. Father, we pray that we may feel your loving presence. May it surround us, fill us, embrace us, and lift us. Empty our hearts, Father so we can be open to receive you. Remove from us feelings of unworthiness, guilt, pride…everything Father that will distract us, that will stop us, that will hinder us from praising you, from loving you.

We are here Father, with repentant hears to simply worship you….


Heart Of Worship

When the music fades
All is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring something that's of worth
That will bless Your heart

I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what you have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
It's all about you, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You
It's all about you, Jesus

King of endless worth
No one could express
How much You deserve
Though I'm weak and poor
All I have is Yours
Every single breath

II. Josephine’s prayer (high worship)

Yahweh
Andy Park

Lyrics:
Yahweh, Yahweh
Ancient One yet You’re here today
Ageless One, Changeless One
Showing love to all generations

(Bridge)

Show us Your glory, oh Lord
Let your goodness pass before us
Right before our eyes

(Chorus) And we will worship, and we will bow down
And we will call You Lord
And we will kneel before the Maker of the universe
And we will call You Lord

Yahweh, Yahweh
Faithful One, You have shown us the way
Through the years, through all our lives
You have shown You are faithful to the end

(Bridge) Show us Your glory, oh Lord
Let your goodness pass before us
Right before our eyes

(Chorus) And we will worship, and we will bow down
And we will call You Lord
And we will kneel before the Maker of the universe
And we will call You Lord
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional spontaneous lyrics:
We worship Yahweh, Yahweh
We worship Yahweh, We worship Yahweh
You were faithful to Abraham, faithful to Moses
You were faithful to David, and You are faithful to us today
So we worship Yahweh
We will worship Yahweh
Through all the ages, Yahweh
We worship Yahweh

III. Quiet Time

Thank you, Jesus.

God of All Creation
Album: Hillsongs United

Verse 1
I'm totally abandoned to You
I'm lost inside the rivers of Your love
I'm swept into the power of Your presence
Drawn toward the whisper of Your voice

Verse 2
I come to You in quiet adoration
And fall before Your feet You are my King
I'm living for the beauty of Your Presence
To behold the glory of Your face

CHORUS
Holy, Worthy, is the Lord
Heaven declares Your Righteousness
Oh God of All Creation
I worship You

Verse 2
CHORUS

Oh when You said 'seek Your face'
My heart said 'Your face I will seek' (2x)

CHORUS



IV. Supplication

The Lord promised in Matthew 7:7 that we need only to

(Matthew 7: 7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.)

Lord, we are here to lay down to you the desires of heart. You know very well what’s good for us, what we are going through, our weaknesses, our strength our needs, Father. But above all, Father it your love that we truly need.

You Said
VERSE 1:

You said, "Ask and you will receive whatever you need."
You said, "Pray and I'll hear from heaven,
And I'll heal your land."

VERSE 2:
You said Your glory will fill the earth
Like water the sea.
You said, "Lift up your eyes;
The harvest is here, the kingdom is near.

CHORUS:
You said, "Ask and I'll give the nations to you."
O Lord, that's the cry of my heart.
Distant shores and the islands will see
Your light as it rises on us.

O Lord, I ask for the nations.
(repeat as desired)

ENDING:
O Lord, I ask for the nations.

No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting