Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Turn of Events

Great talk by Arun last night! Get out of your "Self Limiting Beliefs"... I heard this a long time ago and honestly it is the truth. We can only overcome our own fears if we can identify these beliefs and actually facing them. No one in this world can face it but just ourselves.

I've learned something last night. I think it is more important to identify first the self limiting beliefs, there should be acceptance and willingness to change, then that would only be the time to act on it.

This lead to ask myself, "Marvin, what are your self limiting beliefs?" "Why do you have them?" "Who/What caused them?". Hmmmmm. I think I have some. The traumatic exprience I had when I was in college is on top of my list. It really shook my confidence and turned a once sunny world into a cloudy one. I realized though that it was bound to happen and still thank God it happened already. I know the reasons and God helped me to move ahead (it took years, man!). But I still have nightmares, it still haunts me until now. Really. Sometimes, I still find myself blaming the person/s who created a big monster that sometimes controls me. I hate it. Though, gradually, the monster is starting to shrink.

It is really hard to be a parent because it is not just a matter of feeding a child, provide protection, education etc., not only that as they grow old parents too should still learn to adjust their perception of their children but most important of all those issues parents had when they were still young..... they have to be aware of it and be healed of it. Difficult indeed. When you thought all is okay but now that you have a child, your own childhood haunts you back.

I can't finish this. tomorrow then

No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting