Monday, October 29, 2007

Talking to my self

Tell me about the star that seems to be so far away
I see it but how just like you can I touch it
Or one day own one of those glistening gems
I don't get tired. I want to listen to you
I want to have my own stars!
Hang them on my wall and be my light.
Not just for myself I am telling you but for others too!

That's too big! Maybe you can but I dont think I can
Do you think so? I already have my own stars?
Who gave it to me? Oh yeah, you are right!
God did! I have my loving wife Josephine and my heaven sent Polo
Definitely, I see them alright especially if I feel lost and alone

Go on. It is good really to talk to you.
You enlighten me. Inspire me. Move me.
So tell me, what about those stars? Can I still reach them?
Do you think so? Apart from my stars, I can have as many as I want!
Wow! Not really. I am a simple man.

I want to travel with my family. See places of different interest.
Expose my child to the whole world.
A simple house where light can easily come in.
Surrounded by plants and plants where we can unwind.
A library of my own and maybe
Just another car to bring all we need where ever we go

A good education for my son and send him where we think is best for him
Additional degree maybe for me about the world
About people and cultures and arts
I like that

Sponsor less fortunate children to go to school
Move me here move me here because I think I can do this now!
I can give him food, I can give him clothing maybe
But education will bring him/her somewhere and improve his life
I want to help and be instrumental to them

If I want I can. Thank you. Be with me. Nothing should stop me from pursuing these
What makes me complete is something I should focus on
Like what you've said. Discipline and faith in God.
Excitement instead of fear
Goals rather than difficulties
Bridge instead of walls

There is hope. It is enough. One day. It can make me happy.
One day. Just one day. No need to wait for tomorrow.
Or ponder too much on yesterday. One day is today.
Now. Now is the life that I should live.

I will capture my star. Now. Place around it a tight rope.
Not to trap it but to let it carry me to other stars.
Thank God. I am. Really!

No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting