Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Animo La Salle

That says it all! Oh, it isn't clear.. ADMU 60 - DLSU 65! What a season for our Archers. Ateneo wasted an opportunity when they played poorly and lost to NU. DLSU grabbed the chance and had a twice to beat advantage while Ateneo had to play their hearts out vs. UST and then had to beat La Salle 2X. Imagine that mountain they needed to climb. Yeah, maybe mentally they were positive and sure that they could do it. But man, this isn't a movie! When they lost to NU for me they already lost it all! Yeah, we will give them their 3 wins vs our 2 wins against them. Brag about it (just like someone I know). Hey, we are here for a higher purpose (always!!) this is not just about beating Ateneo or any other school. I think one should play the UAAP to be champions. *Sigh* and I guess to play in the championship is the only way to accomplish it.

Anyway, it was great being in Araneta last Sunday even if we were seated in the bleachers. We took it. Though, in games I've seen over the past years I think that was not my number 1. For me it was the championship game against UST in the late 90s(?). Last game, winners take it all. We were leading (almost) all throughout the game then suddenly UST grabbed the lead in the last minutes. In fact, I think there was only 6 seconds remaining or so and UST was leading by 3 points. We were celebrating before that lead then there was silence.. even from the UST crowd. Wow... Aldeguer got the ball and sprinted to La Salle court and with a second remaining threw a Alleluia shot.. Unbelievable, it went it!! There was total pandemonium in the Cuneta Astrodome. He was even fouled. He could have won it right there and then if only he made the FT. But he missed it and it was overtime and La Salle got the momentum and eventually won. That was the greatest game for me. Back in La Salle that evening, we heard him talking to his mom (celfone) and telling her that La Salle won. Ren Ren was beside him and they were really really really happy!

Franz Pumaren vs. Dindo (an archer himself)Pumaren. It was like Joel Banal (ADMU) vs Koi Banal (FEU). I think I will not be able to watch it live anymore. Thursday, we have work and on weekends, I will watch Pacman. : ) Can't have more activities over the weekend otherwise someone will knock me out. :)

..........and never shall we fail! Animo La Salle!

No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting