Wednesday, January 10, 2007

CITIBANK CARD: MY FIRST HEADACHE in 2007

During the latter part of November 2006, I received a phone call from a very excited and pleasant Citibanker. He was happy to inform me that I was qualified to be upgraded from a silver card holder to a Gold card holder! I (and my little, simple joys ) was delighted of this news even if I do not really know or care to know the differences between the two. Well, for me I already have a credit card and that's about it. Even with so many horror stories about having one. Of course, during the early part of my life I also struggled maintaining one. What's with high credit limit but just earning minimum.

Anyway, going back to my new upgraded citibank gold card. I agreed to be upgraded but as early as that first call I carefully explained my sad experience with new cards particularly in receiving them so I gave the person instructions and expressed my concern that I do not want to wait too long to receive my new card. The citibanker guaranteed me, promised me, assured heaven and earth that card will be at most be delivered in two weeks. Ok. fine with me. At least that will be just in time for Christas shopping. The only time in the year when one is authorized to shop and shop (with my wife) and I plan to charge them all to my credit card to earn points since I just received citibank's holiday rewards brochure. I was motivated.

Then after two weeks, I called to follow up on my card. Here started my nightmare. I heard a familiar EXCUSE... my card was with their courier and it might take another week or two for them to deliver it. TWO WEEKS AGAIN! I calmly (again) expressed my concern about not being able to use for Christmas and also I asked if I can still use my old card. I can't because they already disconnected it because of the new gold card. From being delighted to sadness...

It was already late and impossible to use my card and I lost the opportunity to gain points. I either paind cash or used my AIG card (which I plan to discontinue). Ok ok ok I was resigned to my fate and understood the problem. THEIR COURRIER.

My gollywow. Citibank is allowing its courrier to damage its reputation. Up until now, they say that my card is with their courrier. I already spoke to a customer care and filed an online complaint. All I ever have is "Sir, we are sorry that you are frustrated and disappointed. Rest assured that it is being properly handled by the group in charge" aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I ALREADY RECEIVED THIS REMARK A MILLION TIMES WITH CITIBANK! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING WITH YOUR COURRIER VENDOR???? ARE ALLOWING THEM TO SCREW UP YOUR SERVICE?!!! DONT YOU HAVE ANY SLA (service level agreement) WITH THIS COMPANY???? COMMON, ANY SIMPLETON WOULD KNOW THAT THEY ARE JUST FOOLING A FORTUNE 500 COMPANY!!!

To make matter worst, yesterday I received a letter from citibank yesterday (January 9, 2007)DATED NOVEMBER 30, 2006, congratulating me for the upgrade!!! Are you insulting me? How far will you let this happen??? I am an ordinary client of yours yes! I can't promise that I will rack up my bills and keep your company in good shape! But still I strive to pay my bills and I do.

As a mentioned in my email to citibank, I can not longer distinguish if I am just being loyal to citibank OR I AM BEING STUPID FOR THIS LOYALTY CRAP. I sent an angry (though no profanity in it) letter to them already last Friday, Jan 5 and I receive a reply last Monday. BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!!!

What else??? I haven't forgotten that I ALREADY HAD THIS UNFAIR TREATMENT FROM CITIBANK LAST YEAR (EARLY PART OF THE YEAR). YEAH, SAME YEAR. AGAIN, IT WAS BECAUSE OF THEIR SPOLIED COURRIER. Nope. Their favorite courrier wasn't able to deliver the card to me. I had to pick it up in their Makati office but I have to show them proof that I was going out of the country???? what??? Ok, because I was about to leave them, I didn't argue and just patiently went to their Makati office and showed them my passport and ticket.

I offered them a solution because they said their courier people can not just leave it to our receptionist or to anyone. They can't (daw) find me as they tried calling my local number. Hey, we have two receiving area here but I only have one phone, I never received any calls from our guard, I tried my best not to leave my area for the last four weeks as I have not scheduled any meetings yet JUST FOR ME TO MAKE SURE THAT I WONT MISS THE CALL.

I told them they can give their courrier my MOBILE NUMBER AND THEY CAN CALL OR CAN EVEN JUST SEND SMS TO ME to make sure that I will be able to GET MY CARD. BUT NO NO NO NO NO NO.... THEY ARE NOT (daw) ALLOWED TO DO SO... WHAT??? WHY??? FOR PHP1??? AND I AM ALREADY GIVING MY CONCENT TO DIVULGE MY MOBILE NUMBER?? SO, WHAT ELSE WILL YOU DO??? NOTHING?? NO CREATIVE SOLUTION GIVEN!!!

i have to stop here. i dont want CITIBANK to ruin my day further. I am still mad.

No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting