Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Rule in the Midst of Your Enemies

"Rule in the midst of your enemy" -Psalm

Strong, bold and direct divine instruction! But it had me thinking for a few thought seconds. God, I do not really have identified enemies. Do I have any? Hmmm... let me look around here. Who are my enemies and I will rule over them. hahahahaha. Okay, I didn't need to wander around looking for enemies or creating one. I realized that "enemies" can be viewed as the things that hinder me to praise Jesus. Things that I do habitually which separate me from God.

It struck me that this is harder. My own is enemy is myself. : (. Ok, I am not yet physically hurting myself just yet. No need for any straight jacket. After awhile, I did see my "internal enemies". God sees them too and they are my weaknesses and yet Jesus said "RULE IN THE MIDST OF YOUR ENEMY". He didn't say that "rule your enemy".

I admit Lord my weaknesses. Those that I am aware of and those maybe I haven't realized just yet. But Jesus, Your trust in me push me to focus on what lies ahead. The banner says, "Jesus' Year!". I will not look forward to serve my King. Jump over those bad habits, climb over those sins, swim across the turbulent emotions. No, not these can stop me from knowing this year. I dedicate this year to you Lord, every month, every week, every day! I persist and thrust myself to Your loving arms everyday! I am not afraid because I know I will not fail. I see you now and I know I will still see you at the end. I believe in my heart that you will open my eyes. You will give me a wider horizon, a clearer view of who You are.

Lord, let me praise you everyday. In everything I do let it always be for Your greater glory and nothing else.

Amen.

No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting