Thursday, May 13, 2004

Part 1. Single no more......very soon.

I've met her but I wasn't paying attention. I was five years older than her and about to graduate while she just started her college life. We shared some stories, hi and hello, talked about the weather. Small stuff friends share to each other. That was who we were then. Just two normal friends, no attachment, no romantic chemistry, nothing deep, no nothing. One day it was time to leave my dear university.

I was at that time committed to someone. My life revolved around my eX, my problems at work, direction in life, struggling Catholic, problems with family but the end of the day it was always about my eX. She was my world.

I received an invitation to work for my beloved alma mater. I accepted and there I was back in the academic community. My relationship with my eX was starting to melt down. We fought almost everyday and I was pained to see how little commitment she has for us. After almost two years, she wanted to end it. I tried my best to hold on. So much tears flowed. Was it real or just a bad dream? It hurt me so much then I felt numb and lost. When I thought that I could still pursue her, she entered a new relationship with another. Double dead. No where to go.I was pulled out of my comfort zone.

My only consolation was that I knew that I could always turn to God. I cried endlessly for God to take away the unbearable pain. I thought about death but God's love was more powerful than anything. I knew He felt my pain and He was there with me every night. Slowly, I begun to see things differently. I started to find my self and have given my self a deadline. Yup, a deadline on how long I would sulk. True enough, I was able to walk again and I even made a promise to my self that I will find ways to forgive my eX and release her. Both emotionally and spiritually. It worked.

That was the point when I noticed her. The woman whom I will exchange vows with this December to love and care for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting