Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wanted: A Christian Mentor

I always wanted to have someone I call a Mentor. He should be older than me and already has reached the pinnacle of his defined successful life both in personal and professional levels. Now, he is more than willing to share his tricks and trades. He should be more than willing to guide me especially in my career and let me see things that I fail to see now. He will open my eyes and make me aware of what is hindering me to grab what I want in life. Of course, he should be patient in teaching but not be afraid to reprimand me. I hope that in the very beginning he will inspire me and hopefully believes in me. We can meet at least once a month and more than willing to listen to what I've been through. An old friend I guess.

Whew! tough job, huh? Good luck. A lifetime Mentor? That would be a treat. Ok. I will still wait. As of now, I am directly under God's direct guidance. :). Lord, I wish someone can guide me in my career. Within me, I know that I can achieve more. I am aware that I have a lot in me that I still can share. Maybe at the end I also want to be a Mentor myself. Right now? Naaah. Not yet. Maybe to kids yeah I am ready but not to adult life. I am still in the learning curve.

Why do I feel like this? Maybe I have been so independent for so long. I can still remember my own declaration of indepence back in my highschool days. No there were no fireworks or trumpets or raising of flag. I was just on top of a hill (literally) over looking a small lake and figuring where the house of my good friend on the other side. I was alone and confused. Confused in a sense that I realised that people regardless of their relationship to me have different and conflicting perception on who I am. It made me think hard. Then, I had enough. I decided that I would focus more on the positive feedback and filter the negative ones. No one will ever ever affect me unless I allow them to. Was it successful? In a sense, yes but it was really hard. Anyway, independence. It was like from that moment on I never shared my plans to anyone especially to people who were older than me. And when I share to people of my age of course they will just support it. I made my own plans and decisions and not all of them were perfect. I had shares of humbling experiences. Though, in college God introduced himself to me and I started having a personal relationship with Him. There came a time after a steep fall I did offer my everything to Him.

Ok. To be honest, God became my constant guide eversince. My plans depend on His. I mean it. From my job, buying a car, to getting married etc etc,. Oh Lord, not that I want to replace You. Nope. Never. I just pray Lord that You will send someone here on earth to help me unleash my potential and make me a better person. As an individual, family, career and most of all as your son. Amen.

So, just email me your resume. My Mentor.I am sure that God will be the one to interview you. Better be prepared for his questions because He will only hire the best for me. :)
He will be your Boss. (mine as well).

I will be a good apprentice. I promise to listen and follow your instructions because I know that whatever you say is actually for me, to make me a better person. The best that I could be. I will discpline myself the way you want it to be. I will hold back anything and just trust you 100%. I will follow as God wants me to.

No comments:

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting