Monday, March 31, 2008

Being a Global Player

I am now thinking of several important action steps for my job. Tough! I am telling you. It is consuming all the cells of my brain. My heart would like to raise a white flag with the pressure he is feeling now but my mind is tougher! This year, the Lord message for me is to face all obstacles/challenges head on! No fear shall make me bow down to anything or anyone. I will face with if faith like how David did it when confronted with the mighty giant Goliath. Right now, I have several Goliaths and there is a new one bigger than the rest. Literally. Who am I but a small soldier in this company. Yet, I will not fail the Lord. He is my strength and the source of my strategies.
Negotiation to a multicultural environment which involves different races from Americans, Asians, Europeans, Arabs to Indians... name it and I have dealt on them in this work. What's my experience? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.. I have but a slingshot on my hand. Some of them are wearing protective helmets, shields, and armored plates... name it they have it. But I have the Lord God with me. I also know that these are not enemies but Ally that I must learn how to earn their side. To convince them that we are actually partners. That is what negotiation is all about. It isn't a yes or a no but it is about discussing the middle ground and working on how we cultivate that common ground without compromising each others interest. Now, there is someone who didn't play fair. He unleashed a devastating blow like a lion in the dark striking me almost to death then when I faced him he said... oh let's work on for a WIN/WIN solution!!! WHAT???!!!!! Win/win??!!! Do you really know what exactly it means? Crap. Ok. Working on this isn't about restoring some pride or anything. This is about getting both Parties in a negotiation table once again but not bowing down to his terms. Good thing I know my cards. I am willing to share it but not by selling short of my self. Get it? Negotiation at its finest. Am I afraid/scared? Yes maybe but in FAITH I will hit him in his head.
Different strokes for different folks. Literally. Sometimes the other party is no nice (mostly Asian) and you should read between the lines because you are not sure if if his yes and smile is really is a Yes or what... you have to observe his body language, tone of his voice, and maybe his eyes and you have to draw it out from him and clarify and clarify... but Asians are tougher that you think. Hidden dragon. That's what I like about being an Asian and for westerners are their bravery and how they love to play risk. Combine them both then there you go. You can now go anywhere.
I have met someone like that. An Australian. He listen like what Asian wants but persistent and courageous like what westerners are. I can not say he is soft because he is not. He actually just got promoted. This means that what he is doing is definitely working for him. Good for him. I am still new despite my experience in Global Negotiation but I can see now. Clearer than before. I have made mistakes and sadly no one is ready to point it out to me but fortunately I've seen them.
Generally, I am excited that I am participating in this kind of activity. A dream come true. I want to enter this world then here I am. Baptism of fire ika nga. Though, I have been exposed in international environments for several years but this is the peak. I am excited. God told me to face it then I shall face like a little boy David who grew to become one of the best Kings ever to live on earth.
Lord, give me courage to face the known and the unknown. Let me thrust my self with your wisdom and not but my foolishness. It is not about fighting but about winning your enemies. I come not to be converted but for them to respect and recognize me. I need a strength of a thousand lion but working in wisdom is better than positioning myself as someone powerful. I want to be powerful silently and for them to see at the end that this strength comes from you and not from me. Let me do this not to gloriy God and bring honor to Him.

1 comment:

tin-tin said...

i love the prayer!!

Polo: Different Moods

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come. Celebrate life with us. Let's worship God!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting